Friday, June 3, 2011

Today Was A Rough Day.....or so I thought

The day started out normal enough.  I got up and got ready for work and everything seemed fine.  I got to work and things were going along okay for a little while.  Then one of our salespeople was having problems printing to the network printer.  I spent the next 30 minutes trying to figure that out.  I don't even think that problem really got resolved today.  He left at 1:00pm and by that time I was deep into another printer problem.  


For some unknown reason I have not been able to print to my printer this week.  I had done everything I had known how to do without any luck.  Today it dawned on me that it could be my printer cable, so I went into Bill's office to see if I could borrow his.  Once I pulled the cable out of the back of his printer, I looked down and the mass of tangled cables and decided against it.  REALLY!!  That's all I did!  Bill came back into his office and tried to print something and he couldn't get it to print.  What?  Are you KIDDING me!!??  I spent the next 3 hours trying to figure that out.  I spent a long, long time on the phone with tech support trying all they could think of.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the print driver at least twice.  Finally, through a series of events, it is now working.  Bill's laptop can once again communicate with his printer.  


If I had had an ax with me today...




I then went to the grocery to get cream cheese.  I'm supposed to bake 2 cheesecakes for Bill's great-niece's graduation party tomorrow.  I headed to the cream cheese and what do you think I saw when I got there?  NOTHING!!  That's right, they were completely out of cream cheese.  I thought for sure this must be wrong.  They must have it in another cooler somewhere.  I looked around and didn't see any.  I found a clerk and asked.  She scanned the bar code.  "No, I'm sorry.  We are out and I don't know when we will get any"  Seriously?  Just my luck.  I called Bill and sent him to Scott's -- surely they will have some.  It is graduation weekend.  Lots of people are having parties.  What if everyone is out of cream cheese?  Since I didn't have any cream cheese in my cart, I didn't have very many items.  I went through the self checkout lane.  I scanned my first 3 items -- no problem.  I sat my apples down on the scanner so they could be weighed and the thing told me I had put something in the bag that was unauthorized.  I looked on my screen and it had 3 items listed.  I looked into the bag and it had 3 items in it.  So I had to wait until the clerk to come and help me out so I could continue my purchase.  I finally finished and was ready to pay, but it wasn't meant to be.  The machine now told said "approval needed".  What?  I wasn't buying any alcohol, spray paint, or cold medicine.  Why did I need approval?  Only the machine knows for sure.  The clerk is a very nice gentleman -- I'm a regular there -- and I was on my way in a jiffy.  Whew!!  


I was in luck!  Bill found what I needed at the other end of town.  He is my hero!!  Now one of my cheesecakes is in the oven.  It was only in the oven for 2 minutes when I realized I had forgotten to put the strawberry filling in it.  I was afraid of something like that.  I'm so glad I caught it in time.  Brittney had wanted something strawberry.  If I had baked a plain cheesecake I would have had to come up with some kind of strawberry topping.  I don't think my brain could take the extra pressure tonight.  


I said all of this to say, my day wasn't so bad really.  It seemed like there were a lot of things that didn't go right.  However, this morning Bill woke me up with the news that a couple in our community had lost their son in a horrible traffic accident last night.  My heart has been breaking for them all day. Every time I felt my frustration growing, I would put things in perspective.   My family is safe, happy, and healthy. I am blessed.  R.I.P. Jordan


Hug your kids every day.   

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. It's good to have a reminder of what is really important in life. My heart goes out to the family who now have an empty spot at the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perspective is always a good thing. How are ya, SweetiePie? :) We have been having the exact same problem with our printer! And we haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet. It's been weeks. If I need something printed, I forward it to DH's work. ugh

    Prayers and sympathies to Jordan's family. Their pain is unthinkable.

    ReplyDelete