Friday, May 27, 2011

This is what I made!

I went to the Polymer Clay Jewelry making class last night at the Wells County Public Library.  I had never worked with polymer clay and thought it would be fun to try it.  




I made a cupcake pin and the beads for a pair of earrings.  I don't know if it is something I will do very often, but it was actually much easier than I anticipated.   I think it will be fun to get some clay and let the grandkids make something.  Polymer clay will be much more durable than the little bowl Cooper made in school this year, which broke before it ever made it home.  The main drawback from working with it is whatever you use to bake your clay creations on, can NEVER be used again for food preparation.  You also need to have a well ventilated space.  I baked the beads last night when I got home and I opened a couple of windows, but I never actually smelled anything.  




The most enjoyable part of the evening was chatting with a friend from high school.  I had invited Lee Ann Garrett from Encouragement is Contagious to attend the class with me and she did.  As the name of her blog suggests she is a very encouraging lady.  I really enjoyed being able to visit with her during the class.   If I hadn't been willing to step  out of my comfort zone, I would have missed out on a very pleasant evening.  




I was telling Lee Ann that I've been making some fabric flower brooches.  She encouraged me to show them to others.  So, after I get a few made up, I'll let you see them.  





2 comments:

  1. Cute pin! Love the earrings, too. Where are those fabric brooches?? I will read on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post some pictures of my brooches LOL! I deleted the pics that Bill emailed me. I will ask him to email them to me again.

    ReplyDelete