Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Husband Bought Me a New Bike!

I had a bike.  In fact, I just got it last year.  It was like brand new.  I barely rode it.  So why in the world did I agree to get a new bike?  A better bike.  I don't know, but I did. 

Bill was recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes.  I'm really proud of him for the way he has changed his eating habits.  He's cut sweets and and a lot of carbs out of his diet - better than I probably could if I had to.  This really breaks my heart, because if you know Bill, you know he enjoyed his food so much.  He dislikes exercise as much as I do, but he likes to ride his bike.   He had a bike.  He wanted a new bike.  A better bike.  
Some friends of ours bought new bikes last year.  Schwinn Trail Way 28" bikes.  They're a hybrid bike.  I don't even know what that means!  They really liked them.  We went shopping.  Target carries them, so I called around.  This Target had the Men's, that Target had the Ladies.   It was an adventure just buying them!


Well, in the past I rarely visited the River Greenway, but in the past two weeks I've been there more than I was there all last year. 



 We love to go to the Greenway and ride out to Oubache State Park. 



 Who would have thought that a better bike would be so much more enjoyable to ride.  I didn't.  We are enjoying our new bikes immensely.  


I'm curious...what would a really expensive bike ride like? 







No comments:

Post a Comment